INDUSTRIAL LIAISONS OFFICE
The industrial liaison office (ILO) is tasked with coordinating all industrial attachment and internship activities in the institute. After a prescribed period of ‘on campus’ training, every trainee in a tertiary institution is required to embark on industrial attachment for three months (or as defined by respective curriculum) and one-year internship upon completion. This means that the trainee is supposed to join the industry and engage in actual work relating to their professional areas.
Objectives of Industrial Attachment
- To provide the trainees with actual work experience that will be essential when they eventually join the job market.
- To connect the trainees with future potential employers to whom they can showcase their skills.
- To provide the trainees with a platform on which they can engage with the latest technology and operation methods in the job market.
- To link the trainees to the Industry.
The ILO ensures that trainees proceeding for industrial attachment are adequately prepared by :
- Giving pre-attachment briefing to the trainees
- Providing trainees with the pre-requisite attachment requirements such as attachment request letters, insurance covers, and attachment logbooks.
The ILO also ensures that during the attachment period, the trainees are assessed in the ‘field’ to ascertain whether they are gainfully engaged in attachment industries.
Thank you and welcome to RIAT.